2007-03-18

Sleeping Children

Sleeping children are a beautiful vision. Watching them having settled in for the night and resting peacefully makes a parent feel so much love for them, and for the miracle that has settled into their lives.

For me it has made me feel like whispering in their ears, "Daddy loves you" every night I've been with them since the day they were born. Sometimes I'll stay there, telling them all the reasons why I do, and how special each one is to me and why, until I start to wake them up.

Bella, all I have to do to get you to sleep is massage your back. If I whisper too much to you and your shoulder starts moving in involuntary jerks, I massage you back to sleep.



Sofia, you begin to rub your nose and face.

If I don't stop my whispers of adoration, you will sit up looking at me, then reach out for me to hug you.

Once I do you pull me down next to you and won't let go.

I am happily trapped in your tiny arms, and you allow me to get the sleep I seek.











Brosden, you lay motionless, and then suddenly will start answering me in your sleep.

One time when you answered "Yes, I know you love me Dad", I got so excited that I kept saying "You do? You do know how much I love you? How much do I love you? I love you soooooooo much, just as you are now. You don't need to be or do anything more for me to love you."

I waited anxiously for your response to my outpouring of emotion.

Then you said..............."If you love me so much, why don't you let me sleep?"

I covered my mouth to stop the laughter, then covered your face in kisses, and let you sleep.

No comments: