2007-03-18

GREEN MARKER MAN


I like to draw.



I like to watch my sleeping children.


It only makes sense that I would like to draw on my sleeping children.......

It's time for the return of the GREEN MARKER MAN!

The children LOVE waking up and seeing what this crazy creature-of-the-night has drawn on them. It started with Brosden and I drawing two dots for eyes and a one-line smiley face on his sisters' toes. It grew from there.

Their mothers finally asked me to stop because once they got home the kids didn't want to wash the drawings off. But alas! Nothing can stop the madness of Marker Man! He hath returned on his childrens' final night.


Actually this "art" is much, much harder than it looks.

Bella jerks her shoulder at the tiniest attempt to make features darker.

Each darkened area you see is from one line being drawn on top of another, one at a time.






Brosden is much easier. Even his sisters' gave him a full cat-face one night. No wonder no one wants to be the first to fall asleep at Dad's house.

Last night I went for a challenge; drawing on his super ticklish feet.

Things were going well until I tried to turn his toes into a pair of jeans.

His natural reaction is to strike out when startled. I finally stopped after nearly being kicked in the face for the ump-teenth time.


It is like 'Mission Impossible" to draw on Sofia. I have to save her for last. Not only is her skin hyper-sensitive to the slightest touch, once she does waken she lures me in with those open arms, then traps me in an unbreakable hug. I become a prisoner of her love.

Her drawing was the simplest but took the longest. I had to lay flat on the floor several times while she half-awakened, paying attention to the smallest indication Marker Man was there.

And then, just as I was about take the picture, she rolled over onto her other side, covering my "masterpiece"! As I tried to roll her back over.....arms, hug, prison. Trying to take the picture with her wrapped around me proved more difficult than doing the drawing.

As Sofia now likes to imitate Brosden who likes to imitate Cosmo from "The Fairly Odd Parents"......................."Ahhhh, Good Times!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work love the toe-jeans!!!

A.J.

Anonymous said...

Meheheh, I'm going to try drawing on my brother when he is asleep.
I'll do it on the weekend so my mom doesnt yell at me for letting him go to school like that.
But I will.
Meheheh.
Baii. (Bye)
By:
Evil Motion.
(Guess who this is, aye?)