2007-03-02

Dr. Seuss Was Without a Doubt

Theodore Seuss Geisel, born 103 years ago today, never won the prestigious Caldecott Medal nor the coveted Newbery Award. These are validations from the world of literature we writers seek to tell us that, without a doubt, we are good writers.


Without a doubt. Without a doubt. Without a doubt.


Soon after we are born we begin to deny our own magnificence as the world shakes its finger at us, telling us we're wrong, bad, unacceptable in some way of continuing to pursue our greatest dreams of becoming our greatest selves. I pray, really pray, that as much as I demand from my children and students a heart full of love and the inclusion of "and I see you as better than that" inspires them versus diminishes their light.


Without a doubt. Without a doubt. Without a doubt.


More than 66 books and 19 film, tv, or theater adaptations have come from Seuss' belief in himself. He was without a doubt in what he could do, or at least try to do.



Without a doubt he gave the world something wonderful.


Without a doubt he did something that has lived on after his death.


Without a doubt he has made the world a better place.....



....for me


...for my students


.........and for my children.


Thank you Dr. Seuss


And Happy Birthday!

No comments: