2007-03-16

DANCE


fast
and
s l o w ~
move with the flow


feel it in your body~

take it in your soul

wash your entire body with it~
caress your neck, shoulders and chest

down your stomach and past your hips~
dance and play until you are splashing it with your toes

raise your arms unafraid above your head~

let your head fall back and to the side


dance to the rhythm and move to the beat~
and sway from side to side


Surrender to the private ecstasy~
that you feel building up inside

Open up and let it take you completely~
Completely to the other side



**The first time I remember doing this since I was a small child (when we are natural and intuitive and FREE) was @ 10 years ago in the Grand Canyon, hiking all day and jumping off a cliff onto a small flat rock below.

I sat cross-legged and got ready to watch the fireworks show...........sunset in the Grand Canyon!

It was beautiful, sending electricity up and down my body as it's doing now just remembering it.

Listening to SEAL on my walkman, I slowly rose and stood in honor of a beautiful miracle happening before my eyes.

Overtaken by the colorful imagery, I rose my arms out to the side and burned the image in my mind.

My body began to turn in slow circles, in a sort of "dance". I didn't know what was happening but decided to "just go with it". I surrendered to what I was feeling and let myself dance on that little rock, to the music, to the moment.....to the midnight.

I'm told that in my entire lifetime I will only remember moments. Moments that made me feel happy and moments that made me feel sad.







I believe this moment.....made ME ~ and took me to the other side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I remember this night your post Being a Man (which you are an amazing one), brought me back here to this night where you touched my soul and heart and so on ;-)!!