2007-03-11

The Big Cheer

I'm reporting live from the Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, where the big "American Cheer & Dance Championship" is being held.

After a billion-mile walk/run/jog/"I'm sorry but where is the cheer leading competition being held in this small country you call a convention center?" questions, these two reporters finally arrived with only minutes to spare (and one in her PJ's...something about her father trying to make a big breakfast for them and not noticing the time).

Thanks to the self-described "best ex-wife in the world", and this reporter agrees, she was waiting at the door with a ticket and pre-arranged immediate entry. Mac-All Stars, in first place after Saturday's competition, was only minutes away from performing...

Oh! Here they come! Cameras ready.........Iszabella Stuart, widely rumored to be the world's soon-to-be greatest cheerleader of all time (by her father and mother :-), can be seen....can be seen....well she can't really be seen..but she's there!

Yes! Yes! An incredible performance! The crowd, and one of her coaches, go wild!!!!

These two reporters saw not one flaw and lots and lots of smiles.




While waiting for the judges' decision, Princess Bella is showered with gifts from her adoring fans backstage (see Sofia in her Tinker Bell pj's? I think it's funny. But then again I think life is funny and worth enjoying).

Can you imagine how many people we made smile as we passed them by? And the ones who didn't should have. We take things too personally, after all, they don't know me from Adam......wait....something's not right with that...Oh no! What if they do know me? What will they think?!?

Save worrying and getting upset for real problems....child and spousal abuse, hatred, terrorism, only 10% of the world truly living their dreams, planet-trashing, growing divorce rate, me trying to do too much and always running late....

What? What do you mean that's not a real flower? Maybe the flower is real and it's you who isn't?!?

I am happy to report that this girl knows she's real, and really happy with herself, win or lose, and happy being exactly who she is.......And so are we.

This is Adam and Sofia Stuart, signing off. And as we are typing this report back at the office while watching U2 perform "In the Name of Love" from their "Rattle and Hum" concert, Sofia would like to say....

...."What would you like to say Honey?.... .....Honey?....Say something to the people....
(This is so embarrassing)....


....Darlin', take the blanket off your head and take a "I'm a ghost"-timeout to say something to the people....

"Swish-swash"

Well there you have it folks, "Swish-swash" (meaning I'm sure, "Way to go, Bella!" in the imaginative mind of a five-year-old. I couldn't have said it better myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I appreciate even more the fact that you took the time call me on Sunday despite running late to Bella's Cheer Championship. Thanks for being a great friend.

Carmen

Unknown said...

If I'm two things, it's being great, and being a friend. Together they make the superhero "Great Friend". LOL

Actually I'm still thinking of my naked superhero son "Tie Boy"!

De nada amiga. Es un placer ser tu amigo (You're welcome friend. It's a pleasure to be your amigo). And I'm still doing the post of me laughing at you!!!