2007-03-03

The Nagging Truth?

**This is a post I did on the students' weblog. I honestly have no idea why I'm putting it on here, except for this nagging voice telling me to. Since I'm no longer married, I'm assuming this voice is my intuition (I'm sorry, I was watching The Odd Couple (1968) earlier and laughed when Oscar told Felix that if he wanted to be nagged he'd get back together with his ex-wife).

It made me chuckle...........I only hear male laughter. Don't women have a sense of humor, or is it only when they're making fun of men? Another joke - let it go if you're miffed, and get a much bigger problem than wondering if I'm just a big, dumb male. I am in many ways, and that's OK. I believe in being the very best you can be, having people in your life that make you better, and surrounding yourself with others better than yourself........

...........Now I've gotten off track (but thanks to my married friend Amy (proof happy marriages do exist) for helping me not worry about unintentionally offending someone. It's my blog and I can write what I want, so there!)

So here's my post to Bridget. There's another one over on their site about a student who darn near made me cry with her reflection after testing (Belle). One minute I feel like Arnold in Kindergarten Cop saying "I don't have a tumor". The next minute they make me feel so happy I'm holding back tears of true joy. The post is worth checking out. (click here to read it)


I'm trying to hide behind Bridget to check up on some classmates to make sure they really are working. As you can see Bridget wasn't big enough to hide me, and the students saw me coming. Fortunately they were working, just like I hoped they were.

Why I'm writing is because I'm hearing a voice in me saying that as great as I know Bridget is, and as much as I've already been impressed with her this year.....I have this feeling that I still have no idea how wonderfully talented this person already is, and I tend to be able to see the gifts students have, waiting to be developed.

Forget the top 10% of her field, it could really be as high as the top 01%; she might just be a real world-changer.

**I have these intuitions about every student in the class, some stronger than others, some clearer than others, but they're all there. Please have patience with me while they connect themselves with the neurons they're looking for. A few I feel are close are:

The Amazing Amanda, Mighty Malcolm, The Light of Ryan (your eyes hold the key - I think I have to adjust my personality to flow better with yours, and I'm working on that), the Strength of Skyler, Sandeep's Hammer (like Thor's), and Quiet Genius (Zack).

As Bruce Lee said "Be water my friend". The meaning this has for me is to let the flow between you and I flow naturally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Kindergarten Cop!!!
Jan from SD

Unknown said...

Me too! When I finish my Masters I might teach college. I love these kids but I can't stand when I have to repeat myself. Sometimes these 5th graders act like they're only 10 or 11 years old :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL - Even with high school kids..it's repeat, repeat, repeat!!! I don't know how many kids have come into class and said "We have a quiz today?"
Jan - SD

Unknown said...

Oh! So kids DO come with directions. They just put them on the back of shampoo bottles!

But instead of rinse and repeat it's "speak and repeat, as often as necessary, until the message is massaged into their heads".