2007-03-18

Entering the Gates of Heaven

You are all back with your mothers now
Our time together done

For ten days I have been granted access into Heaven
Ten days of heavenly laughter and love

Although your pillows will be empty when I whisper
Tonight I will whisper again

With eyes closed pictures of you I'll hold
Waiting to hear "My Daddy loves me" whispered back from your soul

For the next two weeks I'll bargain with the Keepers of Time
Asking them to return every moment we spent to my mind

I will allow my heart to swell with all the good you've given to me
Until I can give back to you all the good inside of me

My house will then become a home again
As together we'll walk through the Gates of Heaven holding hands


*Irony. Ten days ago when I first got Sofia, I wrote about rising from Hell ("Hell's Angels"). My last day with her I write about having just left Heaven.

No comments: