2007-02-25

One is All it Takes

I only have one son, and this one son has turned out to be as wonderful as having ten. I can't explain it, and believe it or not, I can't put into words how much I knew I would love him as I watched him grow inside his mother's belly. It's as if we've been together many lifetimes before this one; the sense of peace and camaraderie is so soothing to my soul.


This morning while at his sister's cheer banquet we raced to see who could find the most words on the word search. One is all it takes to find happiness, find fun, find new memories to make, one moment at a time.

*Last night I took a break from writing my paper for grad school by laying down with him for a quick second. He was lying in my bed and wanted me to watch a movie with him. I asked him what I should do about the promise I made to my professor to have my already-late paper done the night before (baseball games Friday night and Saturday morning, who-knows-what that afternoon but we did it together).

He said "OK". I asked him if he knew he was more important to me than getting my masters (which is VERY important to me). He said he did know. I said "really? Do you really know that?" He took my face in his hands and said "Yes, Dad, I really know that." He wrapped his arms around my neck, told me he loved me, then said "Now get back to work" as he patted me on the back.

It took me until 3am to finish but at least I know my son knows how important he is to me, and is not spoiled by it or takes it for granted (which is what women seem to do. The more you cover them in love the more spoiled they become.....another story but an answer to why I'm still single).

"When we are young and covered in love, we completely believe we are gifts from above." - Me (from "The Artist in You". Click here to read it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

“…my son knows how important he is to me, and is not spoiled by it or takes it for granted which is what women seem to do. The more you cover them in love the more spoiled they become…”

Are you creating your own reality here? Your stated belief is that women become important to you, then they take you for granted and the more you love them, the more spoiled they become. This is a belief that will continuously bring a certain type of woman into your life. Acknowledging that all women are not like the ones that you have brought into your life, and then identifying the criteria that you do want in a woman will shift your belief and open up a new type of woman to you. It is up to you to change your thoughts on this subject which will then change your belief. Sometimes it is much more comfortable and safe for all of us to stay with the “facts” that we have created because then we don’t have to take responsibility for our choices.

Unknown said...

1. I am going to assume you are a woman.

2. I am going to thank you for taking the time to care enough to share your thoughts.

3. Since I want good results in my life instead of comfortable excuses, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you might be right.

....Hmmm, actually even more impressive the second time I read your response. OK:

1. I will change my thoughts by acknowledging that "some" women have become spoiled by the love I have given them.

2. I will take responsibility for my beliefs, which will change the type of woman I attract...(there are good women out there....there are good women out there) - Let me have fun with this as I change. I'm a happy guy and I like to laugh.

*Thank you (Dr. Phil's wife?). I'm flattered you took the time to try and connect with me and I am bettered by it.

**This is what I hope my writing to be. It isn't the "Adam Stuart Show" . I'm a free romantic spirit taking in the thoughts and feelings of time and re-expressing them through the words and poems and art that comes alive inside of me.

***I hope these expressions make the world a better place, especially through interaction like this. I believe many of our thoughts are messages for ourselves, others, or someone we know.

Thank you for your comment. I'm sure it's helping more people than just me.