2007-02-27

Harry Connick Jr - WOW!

Last night I went to my first Harry Connick Jr concert at the Bob Carr.
He brought his New Orleans World Tour here to Orlando. All I have to say is WOW! It was a sold out, standing encore night that will affect the rest of my life.


I've seen many different artists, amazing singers like Andrea Boccelli,
Yanni,
Luis Miguel, and others who gave incredible performances here or in Miami that have left me inspired and affected. But this guy, this guy is so unique; so talented, so romantic, fun,
and playful. I'm actually upset with myself that I've lived 1/3 rd of my life without having seen him (I plan on living till I'm 120 - too much living to do :-)


I was planning on taking my 12 year old daughter, Cristina, until I realized it would keep her out too late during state-testing week. I told her we'd go see him when he was in Italy (a country she wants to see), and I can tell I will give her this experience. So my date and I had an incredible time tapping our fingers and moving our feet and laughing along with this Harry guy from New Orleans.

I was able to contact all the actors from Will & Grace and get them to send a signed picture to my students to inspire them to Dream Big. Harry Connick Jr. was on their show for awhile so I'm excited to get him to do the same, powerfully empowering my students and children in the possibilities of what they can become by surrounding them with people that have become their biggest selves..

More later.......

No comments: