2007-02-17

The New Dawn is Life's Eraser





I'm not the best artist in the world...






But I do like to draw.






It's fun and pleasurable and allows me to express my feelings.






This drawing is from a scene in "Meet Joe Black" that moves me every time I see it (click "Saying I Like You So Much" and look at the first picture).







I know I'm not the best artist now that I can be in the future with practice.




The only problem is that I make lots of mistakes now.







Some of which make what I'm trying to draw look terrible.






That's why I make sure I have an eraser...and always have it near me...




........making my children laugh because I have to put it in my bandanna so I won't lose it.








So I make a lot of changes.....sometimes having to close my eyes and remind myself of Thomas Edison's 10,000 mistakes in trying to invent the light bulb.







The point is to not give up.







And the same is true in life.


Every dawn of every new day is life's way of giving us an eraser.





Even when some of our mistakes look so bad they us the "Hee-bed-a-geebies" (as King Julian from Madagascar would say).




We always have the choice
when we wake up to see the mistakes of the yesterdays before,



and choose to not make the same mistakes in our new todays.










We do this picture-by-picture.....







... day-by-day.....








...dream-by-dream.....



.....erasing the mistakes of the past......

.....making small improvements every day....





...believing in ourselves...









...until we create the masterpiece in our lives we dream of...








(As much fun as my children have taking pictures of me and I have hamming for them, I can see them all growing up to be either professional photographers or professional paparazzi; sorry future celebrities :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lilkimmy44 -- You and your kids must have had a blast recording this session!

That is a really good drawing Adam. You're being too hard on yourself (really) that is a really special drawing.