2007-02-09

The Tiny Shoves of Heroes

The world is not moved only by the mighty shoves of the heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
-Helen Keller

I've heard another quote that those who become heroes are simply everyday people who keep making tiny shoves in the right direction (in their lives and the lives of others).


I am very proud of my students. They have been making tiny shoves all year; sometimes with me "shoving" them, but now mostly them shoving themselves.

Every day is a chance to give yourself and those around you heroic effort. It is my job to make sure each and every student placed in my care leaves at the end of the year feeling unstoppable; that they have become their own heroes.

I am deeply honored to say that THEY ARE doing this. They ARE becoming heroes to themselves and the heroes that will move the world tomorrow. I feel very good about our future.



Click Stuart's Spectacular Students to see the amazing changes they've made in their lives. You can also visit them anytime by clicking on their page to the right in the "Links" area. They have fans from all over the world, and I encourage you to become one of them, silent or spoken, because we can never have enough people believing in us.

When we believe in ourselves, we CAN create the life we were meant to have, which so few of us ever do (historically about one in ten of us). I say 10 out of 10 for these kids. One in 1,000 become remembered forever (see "The Importance of Genius"
"What Will You Do That Will Last Forever?" and "Patty Boy Blemur"). Let's try to make it 1,000 out of 1,000 of the people we know, ourselves included.

Dream big. Dream so big it's ridiculous. Ridiculous dreamers change the world with their ridiculous dreams. It is scary living this way, but it is definitely living while you are alive, very fulfilling, and like I know my son (pictured below) will do when he leaves this life, allows us to blow a kiss to the world, throw our arms out wide, and say "THANK YOU LIFE! I HAD A GREAT TIME!."



By the way, for those of you who love music that moves your body, I'm listening to "Ooh, La La" by the Wiseguys. It is fantastic!

No comments: