2007-06-27

Become HAPPIER and "WHOLE"ier

"You are MORE remarkable than you can EVER imagine.
You will only EVER be as remarkable as you CAN imagine."

I sent this, or something like it, as a text to someone last night going through a tough time and feeling down on themselves. I'm not really sure I should be using "quotes" though. If it's wrong to misquote someone else, I can only imagine what it means to misquote yourself.

"When I was born I wish my first words would have been 'quote', so when I died I could have said 'unquote'".

- said by Steven Wright, or something like this was said by Steven Wright. I'm probably misquoting him........

But hold on, my story gets better ("quoting" Eddie Izzard). The interesting thing about this wonderful message of belief and confidence in another is WHO I sent this to.

It was to my EX-wife.............I am SUCH a kool kat!

I have come to believe if you want to really live, you have to really forgive. This doesn't mean tolerating behavior that's inappropriate for you and your life. It means letting go of the pain from the past and moving on with your life.

I am very happy with myself that I can still believe in everything she can be, without feeling I'm letting her or the painful memories back in my life. Part of the reason I exist is to make the world a better place, to whomever I can, no matter if they make mine better or not.

If they make it miserable, then they go on the outside of the healthy boundaries I've established for myself (what I will and will not tolerate). And I don't make their lives miserable in return. Instead I live inside my own boundaries and laugh and play with those in it.

I've realized I can live in this world with my arms and heart wide open without becoming a punching bag.

God I wish I would have known this years ago
.

But that's what pain is for, to make us smarter and stronger, happier and "whole"ier.

And as I silently observed myself hitting the "send" button on my fone, I realized I was on my way to becoming whole again, like I was when the Universe sent me here, completely perfect as I already was.

(And so was Audrey, my big sister. Love ya, Darlin'!)


"There's Zen in Fire."

And you can quote me on that. - Adam Stuart

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't know how you do it............but keep on doing it......your words lift me, when nothing else can :)
Thank you. (maybe i should give you my number so you can text quotes to me too!)
Jan from SD

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping your heart is not fooling your mind and that you are truly free.

Unknown said...

I'm here to help, Jan. Thanks for your wonderful message! You should make an account on MySpace and become one of my friends. Just go to the link under my profile pic up on the right.

Anonymous, one great thing about being truly free is knowing the truth, feeling it inside, even when others doubt you. I'm sure your comment was well-intentioned, and gave me further evidence of my freedom from the opinion of others. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

About
"Here's hoping your heart is not fooling your mind and that you are truly free."
No offense. Those of us that have followed your struggle don't want to see you pulled under again. IF you are sure your free, we are all happy for you, dude.

Unknown said...

Thanks, dude. Why not let me know who you are so I can know who cares about me so much?