2007-06-20

Oiling My Soul With Dreams

Shufflin' my feet
to the sounds of my heart's beats

Kickin' up earth's dust(in)
oilin' my soul with dreams that won't rust(in)

Hands in the air
and eyes on the prize

I am I
I am FREE

I AM ALIVE


Copyright © 2007 by Adam Stuart

Written for my brother, Dustin Stuart, whom I think of often, and just sent me a text encouraging me to keep being me. My response led to this poem, and I dedicate it to him. You're cool little brother, and the best little brother I could hope for. Thanks for believing in me. I love you.

1 comment:

TORSTEN said...

Do not be tense, just be ready, not thinking but not dreaming, not being set but being flexible. It is being "wholly" and quietly alive, aware and alert, ready for whatever may come.-Bruce Lee.

Be like water, my brother. Dustin