2007-06-23

Thoughts of a Poet

This poem was written by a friend of mine over on MySpace.It was so good I wanted to share it with you all. I also posted it on another blog I write, and now that I'm thinking of it, I should post it on the blog I write for The University of Central Florida.

The more I think about it (or feel it resonate within me), the more it applies to so many other things than just being a poet. The journey is the same for us all; the highs and lows, and stepping to the dance one hears within. And the ones who succeed in their dreams are the ones who live unafraid to bare their souls.

Thanks Georgia for opening up and baring yours. I felt it.


Writing a poem
it’s not an easy task
It has to flow
as if a dance

Step by step
you bare your soul

Sometimes it fast
sometimes slow

It’s a contest for
the world to see
Hoping the judges
have sympathy

Some poems are deep
and quite scary

Does the Poet see
demons in the night
they must
The poem is so life like

How has the world
treated them
To make them so
angry from within

Some poems are
light and airy
As if the Poet
dreamed of fairies


How the heart feels
always shows
in the words of a Poet
all readers must know

To write a poem
that sounds just right
it’s not an easy task

Call them a
Poet
they’ve earned
that right



Written by Georgia Osburn
Feb. 22, 2007

Posted by Gemini Twins on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 8:19 PM

No comments: