2007-05-13

To My Mother

My internet has been down for several days. How perfect that it comes back on just in time for Mother's Day. Even the world wide web bows its head before the life-altering love a mother has on her child.

This is for my mother, and to all mothers in the world. You are more important to the life of your children than you can possibly imagine.

From the day I was born,

You have treasured me so.


You held me closely,

And let your heart's love flow.


This mother's love surrounded me,

And kept me from harm.


I was constantly protected,

By your smiles and charms.


You filled my mind with confidence

With all the great things I could become.


You were my first teacher,

From my first letter "A" to my first number "1".


You took the time to read to me,

To color with me and teach me to think,


You made it so when I left you,

In the sea of life I would not sink.


Now that I'm older and out into the world,

Your love still surrounds me and keeps me from harm.


I thank you Mom for still believing in me,

Your love for me has been my lucky charm.



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY


Copyright © 2007 by Adam Stuart
All Rights Reserved

No comments: