2007-04-21

The Real Power of the Law of Attraction

......continued from "Our Children Are Watching"

Yes, humor helps. But maybe I shouldn't sing along with Rex Harrison so fervently when we watch "My Fair Lady" (1964). As Henry Higgins and I act out the song "I'm an Ordinary Man", my children have come to see it as a promise to them that I won't get married again and won't ever be hurt again. They do love me quite a bit.

But I'm teaching them a fairy tale that being vulnerable with the right one is a bad thing. Worse, the idea that isolating yourself from love can lead to a fulfilling life. "No man is an island."

Love is all around and only by letting it in can you have great power. I parent, write, teach, fight for right and ride my motorcycle, all in great love (love for the wild, crazy, free spirit in me).

We just have to know what the "right one" means to us. My poem "Just ONE" lets me know who that is, for me. It came from deep inside, after 60 days (mid December to mid February) of religiously practicing letting go of all my negative emotions that had built up over the past 15 years. Through daily practice I learned to find real love and true happiness within myself versus seeking it outside from another person.

Then one night (2/19) I couldn't sleep. My emotional guidance system was speaking to me, letting me know I now knew the answer, and could finally allow the right person to come into my life. Instead of distracting myself with TV, I was at my computer till 4am telling the universe what this Just ONE was to me.

The Law of Attraction is powerful, and 30 days later I was making my first trip to Chicago, and have come to realize even as recently as yesterday (@60 days from when I declared to the universe what I truly wanted by writing that poem) that I met people there who will be in my life forever. My entire life has changed from one of terrible confusion and anguish to great clarity and confidence. I flow in joy and inner desire versus trying to force things to be the way I want them to be. By allowing this to happen I have become alive with the reality that I am creating a life for myself and my family way beyond my wildest dreams.

This doesn't mean everything will go smoothly. Since my change I've had great support from Laura, Brian, my family, and people like Pam, my grad studies partner, who sent me a text saying "All of Florida awaits your return". These people see the good in me and appreciate what I can give, allowing me to stay in my flow of progress and joy. And I am grateful for them.

I've had others, and you will too, who don't understand the new you, and will complain and criticize you for the lack of what you can give. But as you continue to listen to your feelings, your emotional guidance system, you will realize which people are in harmony with your dreams and which are not. We can't force anyone to be in harmony with us, to understand our minds and hearts, and appreciate us for what we do give versus don't.

Bruce Lee is still very alive to me. He was a philosopher as well as a martial artist. And when he puts his hand on my shoulder and says, "Be like water my friend", I hear.... let the beauty in you flow from your core, your truest and best self. Only honesty and truth can flow from this place. And that is your most beautiful you. Some will see it. Some will not. As long as you see it you will radiate and attract the right people in your life, Guaranteed!!!!

I am a man who has become very happy with who he is, unafraid to pursue AND EXPECT TO ACHIEVE previously unimaginable dreams. And I am attracting the right people into my life who are helping make that happen.

So what makes the right one for you? Be sure you have learned to love yourself first - don't expect someone else to do that for you - terrible co-dependency that way. It is also unhealthy to seek or "hunt" for another to fill your needs. Being needy will also only attract another wrong partner, someone who sees themselves as your "rescuer" and you will resent them for it later. Learn to fulfill your own needs first, imagine the "right one" for you, and that person will come into your life.

Believe it, expect it, and appreciate it, and end up like Henry Higgins and Eliza Doolittle, Todd and Angie, my mother and father, brother and sisters, grandmothers and grandfathers, and so many others all around us, if we'll just "look up" and learn from what they're doing right and what "we", and not our former partners, did wrong) ..............or you could say "hogwash" to it all and become a marriage counselor. I hear there's good money in it.

(Oooh, yeah. Pursue making money to make you happy. The secret is in pursuing true and honest joy within yourself, be OK with your own flow, then allow all other matching things to flow to you). Who knows? Maybe you'll create such a full life that your thoughts and accomplishments will go on living long after your body hasn't.

"It's not so much about death, but life itself" - Laura Lee

Copyright © 2007 by Adam Stuart
All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In everyone's life, at some time,our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. Albert Schweitzer
It is good to be surround by good friends who support and believe in you and what you are about. tj

Anonymous said...

You are amazing person - waiting to hear more divine inspiration from you......

Anonymous said...

All you write just really gets me thinking. Every thing that you do is so.......real. You write about such real things that are plain and true, but you really make them into something. The real way to get people to like you, is to be you. People will respect that you like who you are, and that nobody can tell you otherwise. If you try to please everyone, you please no one.