2007-04-08

Happy Jack


This is the latest book in the "My Name is Jack" series. It's up-tempo, and meant to be read in a sing-song way. If you have kids, read it to them and see what kind of rhythm and dance is created from your two personalitites.

This book is a perfect example of how our thoughts create our world (paraphrasing enlightened souls from Buddha to Ben (Franklin) to the modern day phenom "The Secret" and "Law of Attraction". I started writing it on the airplane as a counting book using body parts. I kept a picture of Jack in my head and just wrote how I saw him react. I saw him kinda dancing, so I added the sing-song rhyme.

Then a mother and her three sons got on the connecting flight in Charlotte (This is my mother with one of her two sons; the really, really good son (me) who shaved his ugly old goatee because his mother asked him to).
One of the boys, named "Jack", sat directly in front of me. He was more lively than the previous seat owner from Orlando to Charlotte, and instead of letting it distract me, I allowed it to interest me, and lines such as ....."Stompin' to the beat, With my two feet, Clappin' hands together and Shakin' in my seat....." were born.


Hopefully I've been able to plant the seed that one can get themselves out of their own "grumpy" state (good message for children AND adults), as well as, and I really took my time on this last stanza, the idea of a forever, eternal and unconditional love existing between a parent and child.
Here it is................
HAPPY JACK

Ten tiny toes
One button nose


A couple of fists

And two elbows


One bright smile
A grin worthwhile

Showin' all my teeth
Just like a crocodile

Wigglin' my ears

And gettin' rid of all my fears

Creatin' happy music
Snappin' my fingers


Stompin' to the beat
With my two feet

Clappin' hands together
And a shakin' in my seat



Jumpin' up and down
Body turnin' all around




Got my hands raised up

Gettin' rid of all my frowns



Eyes shinin' bright

Reflectin' from the light



Feeling good inside

Everything is allright



Songs of joy and laughter

Just a bouncin' in my heart


So much love I'm feelin'

In my happy, happy heart


Cover me in kisses

And make this dance complete


From my knibbly-knobbly knees

To my pinchy-winchy cheeks


Cover me in kisses

And make this dance complete


From my knuckly little knuckles

To the tickles on my feet



Cover me in kisses

And look me in the eye


Tell me that you love me

And you will for all time



Copyright © 2007 by Adam Stuart
All Rights Reserved




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the goatee!
Jan from SD

Anonymous said...

wow u look so diffrent VERY diffrent.


ryan