2007-04-02

Happy 88th Grandma!

Today is my Grandma Bette's 88th birthday. In honor of a truly wonderful and classy lady, I've found some poems and quotes that express how I feel about you, Grandma. I've also written one myself and included the flowers I did for you.

"Grandma, I feel blessed to have you in my life.
I feel blessed to be able to call you at night.
I feel blessed, to continue to be guided by you.
I feel blessed, through and through. "

- Adam Stuart
Your Grandson

Copyright © 2007 by Adam Stuart
All Rights Reserved


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!



Flowers for you
Because of my love for you
And for appreciation of the warmth you give me
Every time you say, "Adam, I love you"


GRANDMA

I really feel quite special
That God has chosen you.
To be a person in my life
Who knows me through and through.

The time that we spend talking,
I've always felt you heard...
You've been so good at listening
To each and every word.

And even things I didn't share,
You somehow heard them too.
I think this is a special gift
That God has given you.

So I just want to thank you
For being there for me,
And showing me acceptance
And love so totally.

~Author Unknown~



GRANDMA

Ever since the day I was born.
You have nurtured me with love and kindness.
You have been someone I can believe in,
And someone I can depend upon.
In this world I am just staring to understand.
And it's important to me that you know
How grateful that I am,
For all that you give to me,
For all that you teach me,
And for the strength I will always have,
Because of you, grandma.

~Author Unknown~


Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while.....but our hearts forever.
Author Unknown

Grandmother - a wonderful mother with lots of practice.
Author Unknown

When a child is born, so are grandmothers.
Judith Levy

Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.
Author Unknown

It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.
Christopher Morley

We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me.
Phyllis Theroux

It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace. When a man's mother holds his child in her gladden arms he is aware of the roundness of life's cycle; of the mystic harmony of life's ways.Christopher Morley

Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.
Alex Haley

No comments: