2006-12-29

Choose Wakefulness Over Worry



Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.

-Corrie Ten Boom

I took the time to see who this person is. Corrie and her family were sent to Nazi death camps for hiding Jews from the Nazi's during the war. She survived, just as Viktor Frankl and Anne Frank did, on the strength of her beliefs.

"There is no pit so deep that God’s love is not deeper still" and "God will give us the love to be able to forgive our enemies" are two other beliefs Corrie created within herself that allowed her to survive the impossible.

You and I are also trying to survive the impossible; paying our bills, finding or holding on to true love, succeeding in our careers, etc. Isn't it funny what we see as "impossible"? Isn't it ridiculous that we worry about these non-impossible things instead of creating empowering beliefs to make them happen?

Someone took the time to post a comment on "The Gift of The Magi" while I was out of town, asking me what I do all day besides blog. I didn't think much of it at first, but when I woke up today the answer was just that, I wake up.

Here's my simple response:

I wake up. That's what I do all day. I wake up and decide to be awake to the world; its greatness, its lessons, its opportunities.

This "aliveness" brings happiness and insights (to my life) that motivate me to give back to the world through writing.

I follow my soul, and blog. I have a blogful soul :-)


This isn't possible to do with worry. I guess you can either fill your mind with "wakefulness" or worry, but not both. Thank you Corrie for your beliefs, they wake up my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR PICTURE OF YOU WITH YOU HOLDING YOUR COFFE CUP DOES NOT DO YOU JUSTICE TAKE THAT PICTURE OFF ASAP LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE ALONE SAD AND NOT THE UP BEAT PERSON I THOUGHT YOU WERE YOU LOOK VERY TIRED BORED AND LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE GIVEN UP

Unknown said...

I thank you for caring enough to tell me how you feel. This is one of my children's favorite pictures of "Daddy's messy hair in the morning."

We like it, and when we look at it see love and happiness, and "Daddy waking up with his cup of coffee", which they made for me.

I hope you'll read some of my past or future posts, and see the same thing in other pictures.

Anonymous said...

That person that said they didn't like your picture must not have any kids.........that is what I look like on a GOOD day too. haha

Jan from SD