2006-12-04

If I Were To Die Tonight

I recently had an accident on my motorcycle. After five days of toughing it out, I finally let a friend talk me into going to the doctor. The damage was worse than I thought, much worse, and much worse than I let on. A severe concussion, broken and chipped bones and left to think in the x-ray room. These are the thoughts I thunk while thinking about my thoughts.

"If I were to die tonight,
I hope I left the world more bright.

I hope I smiled at a child.
I hope my work was truly worthwhile.

Is the world better because of me?
In my own potential did I see?

By just holding my lover's hand could amazing love I make?
Could I survive severe heartbreak?

When I saw wrong did I do right?
To have the courage not to run but to fight?

Did I laugh and cry with friends?
Did I live, up to the very end?

If I were to die tonight.....
did I burn bright and for my children leave light?"

- Adam Stuart

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sometime, somewhere, every human being must come to himself." Emily Cady

J

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Stuart this one of your fellow students and I feel very sorry about your accident and I cant wait till you come back too because i miss the fun ways you teach so I have a few words to tell you, dream big Do Big and BE BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALSO LIVE STRONG MR. STUART AND DO NOT EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You do burn bright Mr.Stuart. zack

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad you are okay (or should I say repairable).

Thanks for sharing your page. I am looking forward to reading your work.

Hugs!
Kim

Anonymous said...

How I want to be remembered…..

When asked what I wanted my tombstone to read, I realized I didn’t want one. It’s not that I don’t want to be remembered, but a few words on a piece of cement don’t seem right. I would like to be scattered in the wind and remembered in the following ways.


Remember me as…

**You see my husband smile
**You hear my children laugh
**Your friend
**A wannabe “ triathlete”

Remember me when you…
** see the first glint of sun on a still lake in the early morning
** hear the song of bike tires on the road
** realize the journey of a run is better than crossing the finish line
** see the twinkling stars on a very still,, brisk winter night
** smell the first wood fire in Autumn
**have a piece of pie. Nibble on the crust, and remember that where pie is concerned, what is on the outside does matter

Anonymous said...

you are amazing and i am glad that you told me about these postings and i am glad that you are still alive!!
it was great to talk to you today!!!
don't forget levity---the boy in the tub--and the workouts!!!
starts with your thoughts, always.
love to you and yours over the holidays.

Anonymous said...

After all those sub's., I now know how a foster child feels.