2007-09-02

"Man" On FIRE!

Watching a bit of Man on Fire, the 1957 version with Bing Crosby (not Denzel Washington, who played an incredible role that hit so close to home in the later version that I shook in the parts where he shook).

"That's all I have to say about that." - from Forrest Gump).


At the end of the film, Bing's girl says about his son, "He's growing up".

Crosby replies, "So am I".

How cool is that? "So am I".

We're all still growing up, and we all, myself very much included, need to remember this and allow ourselves to continue growing, upwards, forever closer to our best possible selves.

Why live any other way, than our strongest, smartest, happiest, harmonious and most passionate selves?

IT'S A GREAT WAY TO LIVE!

Why fear our inevitable deaths? Why not instead look death in the eye and say, "Take me anytime you'd like; I'm living fully and freely in the NOW, and giving life EVERYTHING I HAVE!"

"I'll fight you and will not go quietly into the night. But if you win and snatch the life from me, I can say, I WASN'T AFRAID TO LIVE."

Death ALWAYS happens to EVERYBODY........LIVING happens among FAR TOO FEW.

Just make sure that isn't you. Whatever you dream about, DEVELOP! Live your dream! Live while you have LIFE!

You and I ARE going to die. The question is, ARE WE REALLY GOING TO LIVE?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!Bravo!The last 2 lines are the shizon :-) I agree WHY LIVE any other way? Than Fully and Freely. "Living" should exist within far More Hearts and Souls..
We do our part by teaching and showing.Its my lil guys 7th Bday 2day ."We are Soo going 2 live Fully and Freely" :)2day and everyday!!!
Cali...