2007-09-22

This is Me

This is me
At my most powerful self

Unfettered by learned fear
Unchained by loss of hope

I awaken each day
To the rays of the new light

To the LIGHT of a child's wisdom
To the creation of my very own LIFE

- Adam Stuart (2007)



I saw this picture on another's post, and didn't think, but just wrote what I felt. And at the exact moment that I hit "Publish Post", my youngest daughter came up from behind me, and seeing the picture, sang in such an angelic voice that the lump in my throat pushed a tear from my eye.

I quickly hit "edit post" and added this:

There's the western way of forcing things, of MAKING things happen. Then there's the eastern way of allowing things to flow and happen "naturally. In children I see the perfect way, of observing the world, seeing the reality of it's beauty, FEELING that beauty inside of them and letting it flow in and back out, thinking only of that, and BEING TRULY BEAUTIFUL SPIRITUAL BEINGS, having human experiences.

Children see what we have gone blind to as adults. They see the reality of the universe, but observe and imitate us as human beings desperately trying to have spiritual experiences.

No comments: