2007-09-01

Entertaining God - Part 4

But how do we do this? ..............Magic! The magic of energy.

Where does it come from? .......From within and from others.

What if we run out? ........ We give more.

What?!?..........We don't give up and (become) hope less. We give more.

That's impossible! Once we've run out, we've run out!..........Only to the limited and unenlightened it is impossible.

But we're all only human..............We're all MUCH MORE than we think we are, and even much more than that.

And I'm sure I could continue this conversation with my human side arguing for its limitations and my Inner Spirit speaking only in terms of true realities.

(Tainecea wanted me to see what she had written. I told her I was too tired. She persisted so I got up using my "cane", pretending to be an old man. She showed me a note she had written, thanking me for believing in her. Like Magic! I didn't feel old the rest of the day).

Sages do not collect anything. They give everything, and the more they give, the more they have to give. - Lao Tzu

I am not a sage by any means, I only know I mean to become as wise and sage-like as I have to in order to pull off another year of truly appreciating the life I've been given.

To do my job and inspire the highest student growth possible, to research and write the best masters' thesis possible, to write my books and blogs with the purest intent possible, to meet the demands of everyday life as much as possible, and most importantly...... to love my children as lovingly as possible.

Why does one piece of coal get crushed by the earth and another squeezed into a diamond? I don't know. All I know is that I'm being squeezed just like you are, and I'm determined to survive and be able to offer more to the world, not come out of it just another broken person with broken dreams, dreaming only of breaking even in life.

We are all here to thrive in life's joy and abundance, not just barely survive. Exceptional people living exceptional lives shouldn't be the exception, it should be the rule!

I am still in the process of learning how to do all this, and end up canceling dates and appointments and unable to return all my phone calls and emails. My phone rang in class the other morning and as I turned off the ringer I absent-mindedly said, "If I don't recognize your number, I'm not answering".

After a short pause, one of my new students said, "What if that person was just arrested and you were his only phone call?" Taking a moment to first realize that I had thought out loud, I burst out laughing at Andrew's witty comment, picturing Jim Carrey in "Liar! Liar!" grabbing the phone as a prison guard was pulling him towards his cell. (Andrew in green, jumping into his buddy Nick's arms. I had them wear the goggles to lunch because they looked so funny.)

And magically, I had the energy to take the time to talk to Andrew and the rest of the class about the many forms of intelligence they all have, including comedic.

I was told this kid might not do well for me because he gets bored easily. All I know is that Friday he aced all three tests I threw at the class, each test challenging them to think at a higher level. He was also the first one done, while others were struggling with the second test. This allowed me to get him started on a science project that he demonstrated to the class later.

And now I realize even more that love and laughter are always all around, life is always alive and happening, and energy is always abundantly available, for those who give everything they have, and magically have more to give again.

Alone we tire, together we inspire. Let's all work together in becoming exceptional!

- Wishing you Inner Strength, Inner Harmony, Inner Happiness & Inner Passion,

Adam


(Kelly also finished the the tests successfully which allowed me to teach her how to find a science Web Quest on the internet that will enrich the class beyond the textbook. I'm proud of you Jello-Quan.)

No comments: