2007-09-17

IN.....with you

I am IN with you son
Whenever you are near
IN a place of total peace
And as happy as I've ever been

Nothing else matters
When I hold you IN my arms
All our troubles are vanished
And we are IN zen

I am IN with you son
For the rest of all time
I am here for you forever
And with you I am IN love

- for my beautiful son Brosden, from his beautiful feeling father, Adam


Love rules the court,
the camp,
the grove,

And men below,
and saints above:

For love is heaven,
and heaven is love.

Sir Walter Scott

(1771-1832)

I'm not so sure that heaven is a place "up there" we need to try to get to.

It exists in my home as we dance in the mornings to Sinatra and go to bed with Harry Connick, Jr.

There might not even be a God "out there" putting plusses and minuses in his laptop to see if we get into heaven.




Maybe, just maybe, heaven exists in the moments of our lives when we are IN love.

And I know I see God in the faces of my children and hear angels sing in the sounds of their laughter.

Perhaps God and heaven are right here, already with us, if we can just open our hearts and see it.

No comments: