2009-01-09

The Ripple Effect

Yesterday morning was further evidence that what you think and feel affects what you do….and that what you do affects what happens in the world around you

By 5am I was already dropping fast in energy, so much that I was aching to call in sick and spend the entire day in bed…..Then I decided to drop one pure thought at a time……of what I wanted to feel…..what I wanted to think….what I wanted to happen

And as one slow drop after another fell into the lake that makes up my life…..the ripple effect began it’s process……

Although we were running late to get Brosden to school on time (he starts 1.5 hrs before we do), I didn’t let the traffic or drivers get to me…..I didn’t let reminding him 3 times to put his shoes on get to me…..and he appreciated it so much that he rippled his appreciation back into me…

When I signed him in for excused tardiness we were having so much fun in line that everyone around us was smiling, even one of the deans….I teased him how he wouldn’t want me teaching there next year because I'd embarrass him with my constant sayings like, “Losers only lose because they lose heart”.

When I dropped Bella off at her house I danced with her in the driveway to the music of Luis Miguel…telling her how much I loved her…until Sofia said “What about me?”….and jumped out of the back of the jeep into my arms.

At school I picked Sofia up and danced around the room to Sinatra’s, “I’ve Got You Under My Skin”.

The power to choose this moment’s thoughts…..thoughts that draw energy to you and becoming empowered by the positive thoughts chosen………rippling into one another after another until a wave of energy is flowing back into you……all before the day has officially begun……setting the stage for a powerfully creative day....which it was (the students' goals ended up being developing their super human powers of heart and mind).

And I wanted to stay in bed yesterday

*As I wrote this post I knew I should include these pictures of Brosden. When I saw the picture of me kissing Bella's hand surrounded by water I knew I had to include it too.

The Earth is 75% water. Our bodies are also up to 75% water. Water is everywhere around us and within us. It is a perfect conductor for the electricity between two people, in this case the love in my heart for my daughter and the smile it creates on her face.....and elevates us both to incredible heights

No comments: