2009-01-19

The Direction of Our Lives

Our thoughts lead to feelings

Feelings lead to thoughts

Both direct our choices

Of action to take or take not

The actions we end up choosing

End up leading to the choosing of our lives

We keep the ones that have led us in the right direction

And change the ones that have led us down the wrong path


The changing our actions

Begins with the changing our thoughts

We choose to have thoughts that empower us

And get rid of the ones that do not

As we begin to feel more powerful

We begin to take more powerful actions

Our lives take on a new direction

In the direction that we want.......


And changing the direction of our lives

Is just as simple as that


- Adam Stuart (2009)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you know, or if you suspect that anyone beyond your circle of friends reads your blog. I randomly discovered your blog one night when I searched for a picture of the rock cycle. I found the picture and your blog was under it, which I found odd because there was nothing about the rock cycle on that post. But I did read what was written and was moved, there is someone else out there like myself, someone who wants to push a student to be their very best, to push beyond what they think they can do & to actually think and start exploring themselves as students as learners as people. I find myself coming to your blog once or twice a week for inspiration for a positive word, this school year has been my most stressful school year as a teacher, but I keep a smile on and keep pushing. I read the posting about you waiting at home to get "the word", two things came to my head, first-if he loses his job I can't imagine what it would do to the students he is inspiring every day-does his administration know what a loss this would be for their school, & second- I couldn't imagine the pain you must have felt those days or possibly still feeling. I just wanted to say thank you for your willingness to put yourself out there, thank you for the wonderful & intimate words of inspiration & positivity, and thank you for teaching our future and being willing to put yourself out there for their benefit. We can't teach to the test, because our students aren't the test, we can't teach everyone the same way because we spend so much time teaching how we should embrace one another for our differences therefore we can't expect everyone to learn the same, what makes learning fun & meaningful for one isn't for another and if it were we wouldn't have doctors, mechanics, or firefighters, what we would have is a very boring place to live where everyone would fight for the same position in the same way getting absolutely nowhere.

Unknown said...

I am very moved by your comment, and hope to hear from you again.