2007-07-23

Feeling It More and More

Baby Kaleb's condition got me, so I got my kids. It's funny how this mysterious thing called love is capable of so much. I seem to understand it less and less, and feel it more and more. It's like zen. You can't really define it, only experience it. (Brosden reading to me last night)

All I know is that I tried to study and couldn't concentrate. I lifted weights until my muscles shook from fatigue but felt no release. (Sofia sleeping upstairs right now)

I drove around Orlando trying to track down my kids and felt frustrated. I called my sister and just listened to her tell me how my godson Jack (the inspiration for the "My Name is Jack" books ) is wearing big-boy pants for the first time today......and I felt better, just listening to her voice. (Bella is the best of all of us - always falling asleep first)

I met Sofia at a gas station whom I could hear yell "Daddy!" as I pulled up beside her car, and I felt the world around me changing. We picked up Brosden and Bella and I felt harmony, hope and happiness. (Brosden is usually the last - no shut-off switch, just like me)

I don't know what love is, but I do know how it feels. And it feels good.

When we are older
And surrounded by love,

We realize the gifts right before us,
Are what we're most grateful of.

- Adam Stuart

Sofia telling me she's "going to work"

Explaining to me that she's an artist

Showing me her artwork
Acting crazy (can't imagine where she gets that from :-)

Art on her face. Kisses on her lips.

We went to visit our neighbor's turtles.

Science learning happening naturally and playfully

Their smiles light up my world (always smiling these kids - what's wrong with them :-)

We missed Cristina, so we sent her messages on MySpace (holding a crab we found at the beach last week)

Hi stina, we miss u and we hope u can come again - BROSDEN

Come back sometime soon. We miss u - BELLA

We love u. Brosden n bella n Sofia we love u. We love u. I wish we could go back to the beach n hotel again n all the time. Good times. Good times. Dad you're slouching. - SOFIA (they get money every time they catch me slouching)

My spirit renewed, I send out resounding inner strength to Baby Kaleb and all of you. Today is a new day. Today is the day we create our lives anew. It is Groundhog Day (see this movie if you haven't already. See it again if you're not saying "That's right. It is Groundhog Day!"


No comments: