2007-01-18

Our Perceptions Color Our Opinions



"We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." --Anais Nin

Do you see the world as good or bad, full of possibility or full of limitations?


"I've learned that people will forget what you said, People will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."--Maya Angelou

How do you make others feel? How do you treat them and speak to them, especially those you love, and especially when you're angry or stressed?

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one." -- Albert Einstein

See Anais Nin's quote above.

"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." -- George Bernard Shaw

Ahhh. Explanation for why Nin's quote is so true. Have a great view of yourself. Have a great view of the world. Have a great day.


"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face." -- Victor Hugo (1802-1885)



Honesty creates Harmony
Love creates Laughter
Highest Purpose creates Heaven

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine a candle for each student touched by your passion for learning, your generous heart.
Imagine a candle for each student helped by the rare dedication that sets you apart. Imagine a candle for each time you've listened, encouraged a student who needed a lift. That is the light that your bring to the world... Your bright shining talent, your own unique gift. What a light it is!! tj

Unknown said...

Thanks TJ!

My light will burn bright
Until I meet my final night

And just in case that night is near,
I borrow from another (Emerson I think) and in my head I hear:

"Tomorrow do thy worst
For I have lived today!"