2006-11-05

Illuminated Minds


"To the dull mind all nature is leaden. To the illuminated mind the whole world burns and sparkles with light."
Ralph Waldo Emerson








Great teachers are all around us, and not just in the classroom. Sometimes they are on the printed page, waiting to be brought back to life. I shared the thoughts of this great thinker with my students, hoping to simply plant the seed that learning can lead to illumination. A few days later Summer sent one of her vacation pictures to me. It demonstrates true comprehension of the quote and evidence that the seed has indeed begun to sprout.

Thank you Summer. I think your face shows your own illuminated mind, just as it does on the faces of your peers.












































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how come I am blurry in every picture!?!?!?!? (lol)

Anonymous said...

Jenny Davis Ca
hi students just wanted to say enjoyed looking at your pictures . have fun always be kind and thoughtful to your class mates friendships will start and live a life time and as you go on to collage a new chapter of your life. you will look back and say we had so many wonderful times in school when we had Mr Stuart and that is were are friendships started at school,

Anonymous said...

I know I will not be just like Keiran but I will not be a crab, be pulled down by a crab but I may help crabs when I'm the best vet in the world.

I WILL RISE!!!! i'M THE BUZZSAW AND NOTHING CAN STOP ME!!!!!
A.J.
P.S. I will remember you when I'm famous!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Mahrukhy!!!!!!!!!!!!!