2008-04-04

You Never Really Die....If You Really Lived

Sofia and I just finished cleaning the kitchen while eating ice cream and dancing to music. A song came on that I dedicated to her long ago.

As the words rang out I picked her up and swung her around and held her close and stared into her eyes. I was fully alive, completely giving myself to my child.

The song is "Hanging By a Moment":


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.



Desperate for changing,
Starving for truth...

I'm closer to where I started,
I'm chasing after you.


I'm falling even more in love with you,
Letting go of all I've held on to.

I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you


Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete

I'll take your invitation
You take all of me




I'm falling even more in love with you!
Letting go of all I've held on to!


I'm standing here until you make me move!
Hanging by a moment here with you


I'm living for the only thing I know...

There's nothing else to lose!

There's nothing else to find!

There's nothing in the world,
that can change my mind

There is nothing else

There is nothing else

And I'm hanging by a moment here with you...


I have been on a religious search for only what is real, what is true, and have found love to be the realest and truest of all the treasures that can be found.

I have found it, and I am in love.

I am in Heaven.

And what was already a perfect night has become what I can only describe as, "what dreams are made of" for my heart.

I had to get this out (with Sofia sleeping here on my lap) before it became another forgotten fantastic experience. Before it became too late one day to tell her all the love and healing she has brought to her daddy's life. Before it was found partially written on a father's computer after he died.

Earlier today we went across the street to a yard sale at my neighbor's house. His sister and friends were selling his things because he just died in a skiing accident in Colorado. He was only 45.

(These good people are: Tom, Sharon, Marty, and Stan)

John was a guy with a lot of heart, a lot of spirit, and a lot of love. And as I got to know his friends and family, I learned a lot about him and realized he was more than the friendly guy who didn't mind my son hitting ball after ball across the street into his yard.

As Sofia and I bought things that made a connection with us, I also saw things that could make a very clear and positive impression on my students. Before I left I said to John's friends and sister....

"You know, you never really die after you stop living…..Not if you really lived while you were alive."

I learned that he really lived, and will continue to do so as I share his possessions and what they mean with my children and students.

I am really living, in large part to the willingness to give all of me away, and having three "One In a Million" people accept my invitation and take all of me into them. Their names are Brosden, Bella and Sofia.

Their love gives me the courage, energy and strength to play the music I hear so loudly in my soul.

The concert is going to end one day. Will we have practiced playing it enough that it becomes a masterpiece by our final curtain call? Will our music continue to play in the hearts and minds of others long after we're gone?

No comments: