2008-03-31

One in a Million

There are some people that come around once in a lifetime. They are truly one in a million. My best friend Brian is one of them. We met in college and when he called the other day it felt as if we had just graduated yesterday.

He was the kind of guy who would say, "Let's have a party" at lunch, and by that evening have our house filled with every different type of college student, all getting along and all getting crazy.

My little sister (the beautiful blond in the picture) would get up on the coffee table with me and help lead everyone in "bouncing the house".

One party, Brian playing darts in the basement, could see the floor bouncing up and down so much he seriously thought it was breaking. He rushed upstairs and right into the cops, who were now making their second visit to our humble home.

He is so good and so honest (and doesn't drink so also very sober), that even the law smiled and just asked us to keep it quiet enough so that all of Cleveland couldn't hear us.

He has been off in Hollywood for the past ten plus years making others' lives better every day in so many ways: giving free acting lessons to inner-city kids, creating kids' shows like Mighty Me and projects for the handicapped, and making children laugh everyday as the voice for several cartoon characters on channels like Disney, Nickelodeon and Toon Disney.

Wherever he goes, life improves.

You can honestly say this about only one out of every million people in this world.

More importantly, can others say this about us?

I am one of many that can say this about this man. And I am proud to say that I have been instrumental in Brian Donovan becoming who he is, VERY important (I say this in jest). Every time he has an audition for a "dumb guy" role, he thinks of me. I'm so glad I can help :-)

Brian is Skip (red cap) in this episode of Wings....You're welcome buddy! And thanks for being the best you. It is making the world a much better place.






No comments: