2008-04-07

Don't Tell Me That! ~ Part 4

(continued from Don’t Tell Me That! ~ Part 3....I'm trying to get these out as fast as possible. Even if they inspire just one other person...that is amazing top me! All 5 parts of this series was written in one night - Sunday - when after 3 nights with Sofia, I couldn’t sleep....I wasn’t depressed....and as I’m listening right now to Stevie Windwood’s "Bring Me a Higher Love" to help wake me up, I realize I was "high" for 3 nights off the love I feel for and receive from JUST ONE of my children.....and Sunday night I was coming down from that, wanting to keep going upstairs and see her sleeping in bed.......

That’s the difference between Love & Drugs....real Love permeates your soul and allows your heart to grow and elevates your thoughts.....and until it returns, keeps you awake and alive while waiting for its return...Drugs and trying 2 get someone else 2 love you versus really learning to love yourself can only give you a temporary elevation that comes from somewhere outside of you...and destroys your heart, mind and body in the process)

But once again, this video is a great example of the frustrations and difficulties of doing this, for ALL involved, parents included. The most well-intentioned government officials tell us what to cover without providing time to uncover, or dig for the talents and the answers to how to develop that talent with each student. And if we don't follow their rules, we are in danger of being executed.

(Katie's mom and I working together for her greatest development)

Well guess what?! If we don't reach and REALLY teach the child, leaving such a powerful footprint in their hearts that THEY ARE SPECIAL and THEY ARE WORTH DIGGING FOR......we are sending them off into a world that will execute most of them from ever really achieving their greatest dreams.

The operation is to bring ALL of them across the finish line, and not just with good grades and high test scores. It's to get them to THINK, to FEEL, and to CREATIVELY PROBLEM SOLVE.

You know how we get them to do this as parents and teachers? WE think, feel and learn how to creatively problem solve HOW to get them to do it. Or are dreams only for the disillusioned and real success and happiness only for the lucky few?

Don't tell me that! Don't look in the students and children's eyes of this world and tell me that!

(WARNING - MAKE SURE THE KIDS AREN'T AROUND - EXPLICIT LANGUAGE)

**funny thing ~ I don’t swear around any child...Bella asks me say "dough nut" instead of "dang it", and Sofia tells me she doesn’t like when I say "heck". And I respect their wishes....but "bad" words aren’t always bad....and away from children.....are a source of great impact and release when you’re passionately full of fire or in a state of true, honest, ecstatic passion...



continued on Don't Tell Me That! ~ Part 5

No comments: