2008-04-07

Don't Tell Me That! ~ Part 3

(continued from Don't Tell Me That! ~ Part 2)

This went on for months with Kristen, day after day. One day, and this may have been one of her breakthrough moments, I told her, "You want me to stop getting on you? Fine! You got it. After the last day of school I will stop and you will never hear from me again.

But until that day, I will care enough about you to keep getting on you until you learn to get on yourself and start being the hardest worker in this class instead of the least
.

You have GREATNESS inside you. I can FEEL it!"

We can't stop because we've "covered it" or told them once. We have to dig and dig and dig UNTIL we have dug all the way to their hearts, building a trusting relationship, and able to leave a footprint, letting them know forever how beautiful and capable they truly are....and all they have to do is see it too!

Seriously, we have "heroes" in this world, people that have made it by "conquering" others in athletics, taking the business world "by storm", "starring" in TV and film, and "rockin' out" in music.

Why can't we put the same passion into our children? Why can't we help them "make it" by seeing the hero inside of them...and helping them see it too?

No wait, I don't want to know why we can't. I want to know why and how we can!

(I am so in love with my children. I can't remember what Bella was saying, and my video camera doesn't record sound...What!?!...I know!....And I just have to laugh...which is probably why my children laugh so much themselves)

(continued on Don't Tell Me That! ~ Part 4)

No comments: