2008-11-25

Today I Will Play!!!!!

I'm taking this opportunity while on Thanksgiving Break to download my camera - although I should be working solely on my thesis.........see?........guilt.........guilt's my thing.........

The thing my mother used on me while growing up, the thing both wives used on me when we were married, and the thing I use on myself at age 41.

Using guilt on ourselves or others doesn't mean we're bad. It's just "the thing" used on us while growing up which we in turn use as adults.

So guilt is "my thing" that I need to overcome....feeling guilty if I'm not doing what I "should be doing". I think a lot of us share that, and if we aren't paying attention, we'll continue the cycle with our own children.

Someone has to break the cycle. Why not you? Why not me? Our children have enough problems to solve without us putting burdens on them that we can carry and conquer ourselves.....

Anyway, I'm glad I took the time to empty my camera because I found these pics and this video.

I hope this post is still around for my grandchildren to see how wonderful their parents are, and as a reminder for my children to see how wonderful being carefree and childlike is.

A big thank you to my sister (the psychologist) who sent us these glasses. I wonder if she ever puts them on during one of her sessions? I don't think I would be able to resist doing it.

Hooray 4 Today!

No comments: