2008-11-25

Nutty Dad & Daughter Two ~ Together

We never know what memories our children are going to take with them into adulthood. All we can do is make sure they have as many happy ones to choose from as possible. This doesn't take a lot of money or even a lot of time.

All it seems to take is you and them together in that moment.

The key is to be together....two together.....experiencing what is happening in that moment together with each other.

A few moments after I posted "The Nutty Dad & Daughter" I clicked on another video that was even funnier. I chuckled while she giggled. I became Professor Kelp and asked her to dance with me to this "toe-tapper". She said, "Yes!", and asked me to dance on the bed with her.

We danced and danced and danced, falling down in exhaustion. I wanted to post this video and include a few words about how easy it is for anyone to take the time to create Heaven on Earth right now, and create happy memories that allow us to return there in the future, especially when the two are not together.....perhaps for forever.

As I started to post it Sofia asked me to watch the rest of the movie with her. I did, putting the laptop down and wrapping her up in my arms. As she fell asleep I just looked at her, whispering, "Daddy loves you", and thanking her for being in my life.

Heaven is not someplace I'll go to when I die if I've been good. Heaven is right here, right now. And even though Sofia is gone right now, she is right here in my arms again, and I am in Heaven again......all from choosing to be with her right in the moment.

These pictures are from one day after school last month. It was about that time last year she was withdrawn from my school. It is about this time this year that I treasure every day she's with me.....

This year, this day, this moment.........That's all we ever have...and it can be really good.

Watch what happens about 30 seconds into the video.

No comments: