2007-10-27

Unconditional Love







Love is wonderful enough.....

...Unconditional love is a priceless treasure, and I happily wear myself out giving it to those I love...



...and accepting it from those who love me, allowing me to laugh when I have every reason to cry.


Sofia told me she loves me and mommy, but only her heart loves mommy because she buys her pretty dresses. Even though Sofia quickly added that she knows mommy buys her dresses with money I give mommy, her heart only loves mommy.

I'm OK with that for now, because I believe in the power of unconditional love, at least with children and family, and I know Sofia is learning unconditional love from me.



My own mother was afraid to hug me when she saw me for the first time in 10 months. She doesn't like my goatee, and now my long hair and tattoos are "just ruining her baby boy's good looks" and make me look scary.



My father told me I look like Robert DeNiro in the movie "Cape Fear".



But.....they both told me they still love me anyway, no matter how ugly I make myself.

I just want to be real. The hair and tattoos have been part of this journey; the long hair because I don't care about being attractive, and the tattoos, rings, and necklace all reflecting warrior beliefs from ancient Chinese, Japanese, Celtic and Native American cultures.





Which I hope is teaching my son strong values....and not just craziness (oops, too late)





And it was beautiful seeing this unconditional love being passed along the generations...








....Which is very good...because as crazy and full of life my son is......




....he's going to need someone to love him unconditionally







I know he loves life this way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!