2007-10-05

Friday Night Lights

Watching "Friday Night Lights" with one of my favorite characters, Coach Eric Taylor. I just opened an email from this guy, Lil Miggs.......It says "HI". That's it. And that's pretty big.

If you've seen the show and how Taylor coaches, then you know how I teach. And nothing comes easy. You have to be willing to fight for it, knowing when to hollar and knowing when to hug. Miggs had given up, so I "cleared" his desk for him so he could concentrate.

I'll tell you what, that kids a fighter. No matter how much I share what's going on in our classroom, it can't tell the whole story. I do my best to show that anyone can get the same results I have been getting for the past seven years, and trying to figure it out myself as I pay attention to what I write.

The same kids that were phenomenal today are going to drive me nuts on Monday. And the ones I butted heads with today are going to bring me close to tears with happiness on Monday. Looking good so far, I got a "HI" already by Friday night, two days before the show begins again.




But I do know it's possible to go from this...




To this.....

Conflict can breed cooperation

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breakthrough! Awesome progress...now Relax and Enjoy great peace of mind ..Friday night lights out!!! or on which ever u prefer ;-)

Cali~