2007-10-16

Upside Down & Inside Out ~ Throw Everything You Have at the World



Balance is vital to having a vibrant life. Whether it's chillin' with your homies eating a balanced breakfast (Shaquan brought pop tarts for us to share during announcements. Chad eating something healthy like grapes - see the balance?)....

....or taking the time to play (Sofia ran from my kisses after school so I'm getting her with cupid's arrow)......

She's such a fighter, picking up everything she could find to toss at me while laughing her beautiful laugh.....



Having to try it herself....



And not being able to figure it out, deciding to throw it all at me.....

Making me bust out laughing, and catching and kissing her, realizing she is just like her father...that if we can't figure it out, we'll simply throw everything we have at the problem...

With all our hearts and love and energy...


Even if it turns us inside-out and upside-down (I carried her out to the car upside down, and buckled her in the car the same way, which of course she thought was cool and wanted to stay that way)....

The data on my students says only two of them are likely to achieve at the next highest level in reading, and only one in math.

And although I don't know how I'm going to pull off another "upset" of impossible growth....

I know that if I throw everything I have at them we have a chance at victory, with EVERYONE succeeding....

Just as EVERY ONE of us has with ourselves succeeding....if we NEVER GIVE UP.

If you want a little humor, all the day's pictures of this inside-out and upside-down class are available at Stuart's Spectacular Students.


IMAGINATION

"Live out of your imagination, not your history." - Steven Covey

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." - Mark Twain

"The world is but a canvas to our imaginations." - Henry David Thoreau

***
I see the Covey's, Einstein's, Twain's and Thoreau's in front of me every day. And I know that if I can just get them to see it too, they WILL add their own names to the list of great people who make the world a better place to live.

No comments: