2007-08-09

The Self Alone Exists





Before the world was created, the Self Alone existed; nothing whatever stirred. Then the Self thought: "Let me create the world." He brought forth all the worlds out of himself: Ambhas, high above the sky; Marichi, The sky; Mara, the middle region that is earth; And Apa, the realm of waters below.

-Aitareya Upanishad

Did you know that in the first moments when we wake up, we have to actually REMEMBER our problems, and become stressed? This is hard scientific evidence that we really do create the worlds we live in. Our dominant thoughts and feelings dominate how we see our reality. And this either empowers or disempowers us in the pursuit of achieving our dreams.

The brain processes 400 billion bits of information a second but we're only aware of 2,000 of those bits. And most of these bits are of the environment, time and our physical bodies. - Dr. Joe Dispenza (undergard in biochemisty, post grad training in anatomy and physiology, neurochemisty, neurophysiology, and genetics)

So many of us simply accept what we see as a set reality and unable to change it very much, feeling helpless; the mind being just a reflex organ that reacts to everything it sees.

I've heard "Every day is a new life to the wise man". With the new lives I've seen in students created by making the choice to see their worlds as full of potential, this is becoming truer every day.

This picture is from a student's web page, called "LIVE LIFE TO DA FULLEST". I had Michael two years ago, and told him if I ever found him not living his dreams, I would come after him and make him, even pulling him over a fast food counter as an adult (he told me his biggest dream was becoming a chef). He had come too far in one year to ever allow his dream space to get small again; going from "F's" to "A's", and from being someone who said "he'd try" (but didn't succeed) to someone who said "He'd Do", and DID!

I think his title lets me know he still believes. I encourage you to add him as a friend, letting him know other incredible people believe in him as well. You can find him among my top friends on MySpace.

And if children are capable of doing this, so are we adults. (Rarlynn, another amazing student from two years ago)

"Throw out everything you don't need in here (the mind) that is keeping you from this moment....You'll be amazed at what you can do....This moment is the only thing that matters." (from the movie Peaceful Warrior)

In those first few moments of each new dawn, the self alone exists. Let your first thought be:

Today, out of myself, let me create my world.

Wishing you Zen and Inner Strength......and Miracles in Your Life,

- Adam

No comments: