2009-07-13

Dreams are Realities Waiting to Happen

"Two years was the time it took me to to go from the start of my dream to the beginning of my reality. Two years may seem like a long time to wait to pursue one's dream, but not when compared to the lifetime most people spend. Many a person during those two years had expressed how they also would love to go to Africa. Initially I tried to explain that if I could do it so could they. I certainly wasn't the highest paid person among them. As a matter of fact, I was probably one of the lowest.

But I soon realized that they weren't truly serious about going to Africa, or else they would be going. They liked to talk about their dreams, but in the end, they just left them as dreams . They didn't know what I felt a glimpse of, and what Ma Ma Gombe would confirm for me. That dreams are in fact realities waiting to happen. But they don't wait forever. At some point you have to help them make the transition. Or eventually they just fade away."


- Life Safari, by John Strelecky

2 comments:

Rarlynn said...

Hey,
I love this quote..."That dreams are in fact realities waiting to happen. But they don't wait forever. At some point you have to help them make the transition. Or eventually they just fade away."

Unknown said...

It is great hearing from you Rarlynn. Send me an email and tell me how you're doing.