2009-06-30

I Will Be Changed Forever

The Dalai Lama once said, "If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry."

In addition to other things, I have been worrying that my passport still hasn't arrived, and I leave today.

Last night I began a change. At midnight I wrote a poem to myself, and began taking back control of my own life.

This morning my passport arrived.


I Will Be Changed Forever


To Britain and Rome
Two empires of fortune and fame

I leave for these old worlds
Today on a plane

I'll be going back in time
Back thousands of years

For answers, for learning
For feelings, for cheer

My life is so short
I must make it full

Let every person alive and dead be my teacher
Let every town and city be my school

From the very best of Britain
To roaming barefoot in Rome

My heart and mind will be changed forever
For the better before returning home

I will drink in each moment
Savoring each slowly as they pass by my lips

Feeling them drop deep down inside me
Rippling one by one in my soul......

And my spirit they will enlighten and uplift


~ by Adam Stuart
~ to Adam Stuart
June 30, 2009
12:00 am

No comments: