2007-12-22

Paradox, Humor & Change


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.


Paradox, Humor and Change...

Life's three simple rules,

that keep you from simply going insane


Giving everything you have,

leaves you so exhausted and deflated.


Ripping marijuana plants out of children's homes,

gets you attacked and very hated.


Life is a mystery,

don't waste time trying to figure it out.


A warrior's life is about right action,

and not about appreciation.


Life is change,

know nothing stays the same.


And when the world is an ugly place,

Don't let it come inside and make you crazed.


Instead have a sense of humor,

especially about yourself and your foolish pride.


Then change the world by closing your eyes,

and playing the music you hear on the inside.


Play it so loudly,

until it drowns out the noise on the outside.


And one day,

depending on how long and loud you can play,

you will open your eyes,

to a more beautiful and brand new day.

- Adam Stuart (December 2007)


*Katie and I celebrating her new day, going from an "F" to an "A" on a science test a few weeks back.

It took all my morning, all my patience, all of my love and ability....she was crying in the beginning....but I have to think that giving all of yourself to others can mean something more than just being taken for granted and used, which is what I've experienced so much of in my past.

It can mean creating a better day. And with enough better days.....better lives. And with enough better lives.....a better world.

And that day is the today when we close our eyes and begin to play the beautiful music we hear inside....





DON'T BE AFRAID TO LIVE

YOU'VE GOT THE MUSIC IN YOU!













DON'T GIVE UP

THIS WORLD IS GOING TO PULL THROUGH!








When the night is falling, and you cannot find the light. When you feel your dreams are dying....Hold tight

**My children keep me going. I trust their love. And no, it's not my little gymnasts' home or any of my current students I've gone into to remove drugs. But life has picked me up, shaken me, and thrown me against the wall more than once these past few weeks. To tell you the truth, I want to give up, even in spite of the victories (including the class having the highest science growth again and going from the lowest scoring regular class to the highest).

It's just taken a lot more giving than getting......You can't keep driving the car without gas or oil, or the engine will blow. Giving unconditionally, to honestly give versus get, is the right thing to do, but it means being vulnerable to a world that can be very taking...

This whole world, can fall apart. It'll be OK, follow your heart. You're in harm's way, I'm right behind. Just say you're mine....

.....It's OK though, because I have the dreamer's disease.....and I can't stop dreaming of this world pulling through. Go back and look at the children's faces as you listen to the lyrics of the song, "You Get What You Give". Tell me it's not true, that if we stop dreaming, we start dying....



DON'T GIVE UP


YOU'VE GOT A REASON TO LIVE

ONE DANCE LEFT

WE ONLY GET WHAT WE GIVE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just checking to see if your are writing or relaxing it is beautiful and I hope that from what I read if I `m write you will win the battle
Rv

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too, am checking in to see what wonderful words of wisdom you have to impart. You are a beautiful soul and your children are so very fortunate to have you.

Happy, happy New Year, Adam!

Sharla

Unknown said...

Thank you both! That's truly very kind. I'm beginning to blog on this site again and am just running acroos your comments. I apologize for taking so long :-P