2007-11-19

My dad teaching my class

This post is from my brilliant daughter Bella (age 9, 4th grade). Her teacher asked me to speak to the class about what makes a good writer. I've been asked to speak on things ranging from weekend education panels to quitting teaching to become a professional speaker and writer with those who share the stage with Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, and Steven Covey, all of which I've turned down.

Right now being a father comes first, and giving time to my children is more important than money, fame or whatever else; and I will not turn down my children. Life may have taken my children from my home, but it didn't stop me from arranging my life to teach at my children's school, bringing me into their world every day. That's why Sofia being taken out of my everyday world again hurts so much.

However, I've come to realize that even when we're hanging on by a very thin thread, that thread will never break. We will break before that string ever does....And no matter what, I'm too tough to break, and I only know how to love one way, unconditionally and all the way.

So it's not a question anymore of, "Will I make it?"...of course I will...And I will make it big, because the size of my world is the size of my heart and mind. It's only a question of who and what do I give my love to?....and the answer is to what's real...to the "truth".

And what's real is that I have given my daughter a cherished memory of a time when dad spoke to her class, and the simple truth I shared with Iszabella's class is that a good writer likes and cares for the reader...




When my dad was teaching my class he spoke to everyone!everybody was touched by his words and he spoke well,He touched everybody in thought.




everybody listened in thought well of course i as well did to,He spoke so well and so bright and very soft.well he did speak English.



my friend got something stuck in her teeth so she wiggled her tounge around her mouth alout to get the stuff out of her mouth!



He did speak very wise and very well hmmmmmmmm very well.



*Thank you baby girl. I'm not looking for the world to love and appreciate me, only a few...and you are a very important part of that few.

~ I love you with my entire soul,

Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Write..Nice job Bella!
~Cali :)