2010-04-19

HALLELUJAH

"a shout of joy, praise, or gratitude"




I wake up and begin another day. It's important to begin the day well. What we "water" ourselves with greatly affects whether we grow that day and in what direction. Putting oneself in a state of deep appreciation is a great way to begin a day of positive growth towards everything we could be.

To the wonderful people who have helped out in my time of need, I say , "Hallelujah!"

To my friend who's helping me go from homeless to roomful, I say, "Halleljuah!"


To my new homeless friend I met yesterday who is going to take a few things from the garage sale he can sell into the "forbidden neighborhood", and agreed along with his shopping cart to carry a message of hope to a former student doing things she thinks she needs to do for money, I say "Hallelujah!" (even when my physical presence isn't there my spiritual presence is - ha-ha!)


To myself who's determined to make one of the worst things that's happened to him one of the best, I say, "Hallelujah!"

And to my children, who when I look at your pictures, I feel so much joy and gratitude that I praise the overflowing abundance I really do have in my life, I say to you, "Hallelujah!"

Today is Sunday, and Sunday is a holy day for many religions. Because of you, everyday is a holy day for me, a day of where I can't help but focus on and appreciate all the good things in life and all the great things to come.

Because it's not what happens to you that matters. It's how you react to what happens to you that determines what happens to you as a result of it. And I am determined to react in a way that shows how truly grateful I am to be alive, and be fully alive with life!

(something I wrote this in Sofia's school planner the other day:)

"The purest form of matter and energy is truth and beauty.

The appreciation of this is love.

I appreciate your incredible truth and beauty, and I LOVE YOU!
"

I wanted to take all the money I made from the garage sale and give it to my homeless friend to give it to my former student. The fact is I don't know how not to give.

So, this tells me I have to make more money than I could possibly need. I have to dream and do bigger than I ever have up to this point. I have to think and act on the scale of a Bill Gates or Bono from U2.

I'm going to have to appreciate the real truth and beauty in myself and the world at levels I've never yet done.....

And I'm going to have to tap into all the love in the world to become this powerful.

I can't think of a better way than to start with my own children.

(I sold my computer desk and had to unplug everything before I could post this. So now it's Monday 2am........and another holy day of thinking, feeling and acting completely and wholly on the best things in my life right now, and the best yet to come.)


The last pictures are of Sofia writing her "To Do" list for Sunday:

1. Dad wakes me up.
2. Brush my teeth. (When I took her to the dentist she promised she would do a better job. At least I know she truly intends to)
3. Help carry stuff out.
4. Beuty (beauty) check. (pics of her with her heart mirror)
5. Do playtime.
6. Take a rest.
7. Entirtane. (entertain)
8. Help carry stuff in.
9. Make a list.
10. Go to bed.
11. Dream.
12. Have a great day.

We have all the answers when we're young. Pretend you're young again. Every day is full of excitement and possibility.....and so are you. Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im so glad that ur days r getting brighter!!!! I love that song Alleluya!!!!always remember ur not alone:)