2009-05-05

Powerful, Passionate, Playful and Peaceful

I've now been up since 3:15 am, among other things checking Brosden's grades on the school's web......The reality is that they're going up, but still have a long way to go.

And the low grades are due to missing or incomplete work.

Instead of letting that frustrate me, I'm going to use it to energize me. Half my job in getting him to accept fully that he fully creates his own reality is done. It's so evident that he gave himself those zeros...no one else.

Instead of beating him down for that, I'm going to build him up. To empower him to change future assignments from continuing to be future zeros, I'm going to feed him healthy, nutritious, empowering thoughts.

We don't wake up and dig in the garbage to prepare our food. That's unhealthy and makes us sick. We need to choose food that's good which makes us healthy and strong.

Before we took Sofia to ballet he had his homework already done. That's good (as was her sister brushing her hair and Bella's "home" for her school ducks).

On the side he had made scribble marks trying to get his pen to work. I had him redo the entire assignment over on a clean sheet of paper, and with a more neatly written title. He did it. That's good.

On the way home and during dinner (getting the last table at my friend TJ's place :-) we worked on homework due two days from now. That's great....and powerful!

Last week I set up that IF he came home and got all his homework done THEN he could play, watch TV, and go to practice. He met the criteria. That was powerful!

I shared with him the post I wrote for him, Son: Grow Up and Be a Man, which made him feel very special. That was powerful and passionate.

He responded to each person who wished him a happy birthday. That was passionate....and wonderful to watch. You guys made him feel very important.

We checked the mail and he felt happy seeing all the birthday cards from relatives. I received my new certification with my ESOL certification. That was passionate!

With the light fading away from the day we played a few great games of Two Square....and found a frog. We were laughing and shouting so much that it must have sounded like a summer night BBQ. That was playful.

And as we watched a Blue Planet movie 2gether he pulled my arm over him and held my hand, and I fell asleep. That was peaceful.

On our walk with Shanghai this morning I will again ask him to hold out his left hand and tell me all the wonderful things that he did and felt yesterday. This is teaching him to appreciate and hold onto these things, feeding himself healthy "food" and lifting him up as if they were helium....and attracting more of these good things into his life.

I will then ask him to hold out his right hand and reflect on what didn't go right, think of how he can do these things differently today, and then let the bad things go. They are the garbage of yesterday, and if he feeds on them it will only make him sick and weigh him down.....and attract more of these bad things into his life.

167,000 people that were alive in the world yesterday won't wake up to today. Today is so precious....and it should be lived Powerfully, Passionately, Playfully and Peacefully.

In other words......Spiritually

And in case either of us doesn't wake up to tomorrow.....this is exactly how we're going to live today.

(This video wakes me up, and helps give me the fuel I'll need to "do what can't be done by all" as I try to help as many others live this way today. And it makes me laugh about a 2 1/2 minutes into it when the lead singer sticks out his tongue.......No matter how intense or difficult your task may get today, being happy and playful will keep you from breaking apart)

No comments: