2009-04-11

$60,000/Day of Courage and Confidence

This is an email response I just sent that I wanted to share. When we're insecure we are guided by our insecurities and driven by our ego to accomplish things and get material possessions to say, "Look at me. See what I've done. This is proof I am capable and loveable."

When we are secure we are guided by our love and driven by our passion to accomplish great things and get the things our hearts tell us is right for us to say, "Look at us. See what we can all do. This is proof we ALL are capable and loveable."

Florida is eliminating as many teacher jobs as possible next year. One way to do this is by cutting anyone who has not met the ESOL (English Speakers of Other Languages) requirements. Since I put these ESOL classes on hold while I was working on my Masters, I have to pass a 2.5 hour mutliple-choice test next Saturday.

To do this I am creating a short-answer self-test that is much harder than the one I'll face. If I can pass my test, I should be able to ace the ESOL test. And if I can do it, anyone can who also BELIEVES they can, and is willing to MAKE IT HAPPEN.

(It took Brosden at least 10 times to climb this tree. After he caught his breath, he wanted to see if he could jump from one branch to another, and spent @10 minutes summoning the courage to do it, knowing I would catch him if he failed.)

Good. Glad 2 hear that. My studies are still going. Next Saturday is the test so I have one week left of all-out studying, giving me really only today to all-out study with tomorrow being Easter and during the week I all-out teach, so I'm going all out today as if this were my last day to study.

The challenge is that most people don't pass this test until the 3rd try. I can't teach next year at any school in Florida, let alone the one that lets me see my kids everyday if I don't pass.

The only thing that bothers me is everyone is saying, "Oh you'll pass. You're Adam. You can overcome anything." They're not seeing that the things I do to overcome challenges and obstacles is the exact same thing anyone can do to overcome the things in their lives.

We ALL can create our lives exactly as we want because we all have already. If we start to focus our 60,000 thoughts a day on what WE WANT v what we DON'T WANT we start to change our lives to what we want it to be. It's like being given $60,000 a day to spend on anything we wish, yet most of us fritter it away on worry and stress, and so we wake up the next day with even more worry and stress that we purchased.

If I can't help others see this, then no matter what else I accomplish with my life, I will feel as if I failed greatly.

So it's back to studying for me. Tell ____ I'm proud of her for getting on the TV show and to let me know when she'll be on. Also tell her it's time for her to grow up and stop wasting so many of her other thoughts on getting back at her parents.

It's a waste of her life, and she was meant to shine her inner beauty and brilliance in this world, not her stubbornness and anger.

In Love and Laughter.....and Great Inner Strength,

Adam

No comments: