2009-03-08

I See Him Rising Above

Just dropped off Brosden and Bella for their second day of cheer competition. Yesterday Brosden raced across the floor flying through the air in a number of flips, jumps and rotations, coming to the end of the matt finishing with the most difficult part of his routine, jumped high in the air, and with the world watching.........missed and fell flat on his face.

His mom had taped it so I got to watch it over and over, even in slow motion. I told him I was impressed, that if he was going to make a mistake he might as well make it a big one. We watched Surf's Up in his honor where Cody wipes out big time surfing and it's played over and over and over.

This morning he said he wasn't going to try it again because he missed yesterday. I told him to ask his coaches for what they thought and to listen. Then I added, that if he did find the courage to try it again today, he's already won a great victory in himself whether he lands it or not, by overcoming his fear.

And if he did land it, his courage to face his fears gives others watching permission to do the same.

He spent the rest of the drive closing his eyes visualizing landing a perfect routine, and telling me how he felt as he made each move.

Now it's up to him to make his dream a reality. What he chooses to do, chooses the reality he will live in .........One of succumbing to fear which creates limitation........Or one of rising above fear and becoming a limitless being.

I see him rising above.

No comments: