2006-09-30

Motorcycle Moments #1





Have you ever wondered what the guy on the motorcycle next to you is thinking? Actually, we think a lot, at least this guy does. There's no music to listen to or books to read. So we think. I call these motorcycle moments; streams of consciousness that shed insight or humor on life. I have so many I thought I'd start recording them.

I think there's a lot of truth to the saying "Nice guys finish last." Maybe it's just because I'm going on a few hours of sleep a night, but it seems true to me. I don't know how to be any other way than what I am, yet I still feel in "last place" sometimes. As I was at the stoplight of Sand Lake & Turkey Lake I found myself thinking of this. By the time the light changed and I began to roll my bike onto I4, I had extended this thought to "Maybe nice guys do finish last. We're just hoping to find a nice girl before the race is over."

No comments: