2009-08-06

The Treasures of This Moment

Started responding to comments from "The Kisses of Life" blog and wanted to share

I remember a line from a movie I can't remember the title to, but it was, "Don't close your eyes to what life wants you to see." I believe one of these things is the treasures held in the moments of our lives.

"I wish that everyone who has a child in their lives (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher, anyone!...) was aware of every single moment being a treasure.... was grateful for all their moments. Too many (far, far too many!) people take their moments for granted." ~ Stevie Exxx

I lllllllllllike this! We all wake up the same exact way, whether we're struggling to survive or super successful....everyone of us starts the day by opening our eyes.

What happens after that determines what we see around us that day.......those who struggle and continue to struggle through life see the ugliness (the trash, the junk)....those who are successfully happy see the treasures

then what we see and focus our thoughts and actions on today brings more of that into our lives tomorrow....and so on and so on.....until we wake up to brand new and/or dominant worlds of realities that WE have been creating for ourselves day-by-day-by-day

Ur playful, positive and passionate spirit is a true treasure....and I am grateful for it existing in this world

(and I'm glad I'm so playful. I'm sure everyone around me was wondering, "What in dee blazes eez dis crazy guy doin'?" (not sure what country these people would be from), but I had sooooo much fun on this trip.

What people I don't know and will never see again think......or having the time of my life?

I pick having the time of my life!
)

----------

and to another comment: "You are a very lucky man.... and it is so good that you know it- and acknowledge it daily." ~ jaibaiboo

Someone said........."That which we appreciate, we..........." I can't remember what he said, but it was good, something about bringing more of what we like and want into our lives by truly appreciating it, no matter how little of it we may have (at the time). To me appreciation is like sun, soil and water for a plant. It flows so freely and abundantly between the kids and I. And I love how it brings more happiness and laughter into our lives daily.

p.s. When things are difficult (they act like they're only 13, 10 and 7 sometimes) I tell them I don't get paid to be their father so quit making it difficult. On the boxes they each came in it said, "This child comes with a 'No Difficulty' guarantee".

I was lied to!!! Where's my money?!? Give me my paper! (and proceed to try and tickle it out of them or turn them upside down and shake it free)

This obviously puts us in a good mood to talk about whatever the problem is, which doesn't seem so frustrating and difficult to overcome anymore

---------------

and from Kat's comment: "Make as many wonderful loving memories with your kids as you can possibly fit into the day!! That is all I have left from my father... and thankfully we made enough good ones to last me the rest of my life..."

Thk u Kat - Besides visiting family and going canoeing, drive-in movie, lake erie, etc.......and seeing grandma bette and seeing grandma bette and seeing grandma bette (love her so much......very difficult saying goodbye).....we went to thomas edison's boyhood home, my boyhood home (showing them the house and walking and playing in the same backyard and woods I played in), abe lincoln's boyhood home (playing on his farm and in the same river he played in), the great serpent mound (built 4,000 years ago next to a crater caused by a meteor 300 million years ago), mammoth cave (where they jumped and danced), my brother and sister in n. carolina (2 great people), and hilton head (where we went last year and relived memories of our gelatto shop and the beach) before coming home

after the kids went back to their mothers i felt like i had woken up in the hospital all drugged up and out of it, but smiling because of all the happy memories i knew we had created together

life will be over before we know it.....how much life can we put into living b4 that happens?

(standing on the spot where my ancestor Charles I was executed 350 years ago in London. I look none too happy....and I wasn't. My hands were clenched into fists under my arms. I was feeling very powerful emotions for some reason while visiting his palace (The Banquet House)

--------

and 2 my children, I dedicate this song. My little loves, I truly fall in love with you more day-by-day, and as Red's song said in her video, "You set me free", as the awesome power of love tends to do.


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com


No comments: