2009-02-21

Going Old School with Grandma and Grandpa

When Brosden and I called Grandma tonight she was curled up in bed watching The Lawrence Welk Show, something I used to do with her and Grandpa 35-40 years ago......to which Brosden replied, "No! Surely not. No one was ALIVE that long ago!" (my thanks to Eddie Izzard for that joke).

I convinced him that there were indeed human beings walking around way back in 1968, and to prove it I showed him this clip from the Lawrence Welk show. He liked it so much that when it was over he wanted to see it again.....NEVER........and left to set up our Madden NFL Just-Dad-and-Son-No-Sisters-Allowed All Night Football Tournament.

So as I leave to go a little old school on the boy and run all over his All-Madden team with my 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers (I haven't lost yet!), I dedicate this rockin' tune to my Grandma and Grandpa, and say "Thanks for giving me so many happy memories. You do indeed, Rock!"

No comments: